First, we develop an in-depth understanding of your specific circumstances and aspirations. Then we advise you on the best way to achieve your financial goals with a tailor-made financial strategy that will grow and evolve with you, including clear advice on the costs and any fees involved.
This is the fee for the financial planning services and advice we provide, not to be confused with the costs associated with the acquisition or disposal of financial products. At JVA, we charge a flat fee for our services.
Our team is trained and equipped to advise on:
- Financial management, from basic budgeting to complex portfolios.
- Investment strategies, including recommending investment categories and specific products.
- Superannuation strategies for accumulating enough money to retire, while minimising the tax you pay now.
- Retirement planning, whether you’re retiring soon or many years from now.
- Insurance, ensuring you’re adequately protected, from your property to your assets and income.
- How to use a redundancy payout effectively, including how to make it last as long as possible.
We are accredited by AMP Financial Planning and are authorised to provide advice on a broad range of products and services from an equally diverse array of fund managers. These include:
- Superannuation, including retirement savings accounts and self managed superannuation funds
- Managed investments, including investor directed portfolio services
- Listed securities, shares and debentures to be bought or sold via a broker
- Various structured products, including instalment warrants over managed funds and protected equity loans
- Investment products issued by a life insurance company, including whole of life, endowment and bond products
- Debentures, stocks or bonds issued or proposed to be issued by a government
- Debt products (for example, home and investment loans)
- Deposit and payment products (for example, term deposits, cash management accounts and non-cash payment products)
- First home saver accounts
- Retirement income streams, including pensions and annuities
- Life insurance (for example, life cover, income protection and trauma).
During the financial planning process we will give you:
- A Financial Services and Credit Guide, which outlines who we are, what we can advise on and how we are paid
- A written Statement of Advice that outlines the relevant information that you have provided, the advice you have been given and why it is suitable for you (along with information about how we get paid and any other benefits we may receive)
- A Product Disclosure Statement or PDS (if we recommend a financial product) – PDS gives you information about the product’s features, fees, any commissions, the benefits and risks of investing, and what to do if you have a complaint.
Remember, it’s important to keep these documents in case you need them in the future.